Here is a cute Tic-Tac-Toe Father’s day gift that is fun for parents and children.
Materials used for the bag:
- 4 x 6 inches burlap bags from Amazon.
- Pebbles from the dollar store – 10 pebbles per child
Trace lines with a Sharpie using a ruler. Draw an “X” on one side and an “O” on the other side of every rock. This way all rocks have both marks.
Materials for the card:
- Brown construction paper
- White paper strips cut by hand
- Twigs (from a nature walk)
- Raffia, twine or anything you like (I got the raffia from a hula skirt from the dollar store)
- Tacky glue (to glue the paper strips and twigs on the brown paper)
- Optional – Liquid watercolor – brown diluted – to give a natural look but you can leave it white
Note: Have the children write on the strips before they glue them. so if they make a mistake you just give them a new strip, or they tear it themselves.
- For Preschool – You can just do “Why I like my dad” and a drawing and glue them on the brown paper to make the scroll. The adult can write for the child and the child does the drawing. The adult can write in pencil and the child can go over with a Sharpie. Your choice 🙂
- For KG and older – “3 to 10 Reasons Why I Like my Dad” with or without drawing. You can make 3 reasons and 3 drawings or 10 reasons and one drawing. Again it’s your choice 🙂
Roll the card and tie with raffia and attach it to the burlap bag.